Need an affordable Gold Coast Snake Catcher?
If you’re looking for an affordable Gold Coast snake catcher that offers realistic fees, look no further. Our snake catchers are available 24/7 and take pride in offering professional and welcoming assistance you can rely on. To enquire about the relocation of a reptile or for any additional information please contact us on 0423 866 017.
South East Reptile Relocations is owned and operated by Gold Coast based snake catcher Mitch Thorburn. Mitch holds 10 years of experience working with reptiles including venomous snakes and demonstrates a thorough understanding of both the ecology and behaviours of our local species.
Servicing the Gold Coast and surrounding areas
(Please note we do NOT service the Northern NSW region)
- Prompt Relocation of all Reptiles – (All Snakes, Lizards & Turtles)
- Property & Roof Inspections
- Free Reptile Identification Service
- Easy Payment Options
- Rapid Response – 24 Hours – 7 Days
- Most Affordable Gold Coast Snake Catcher. Fees from $80
- Upfront Pricing – No Add on Fees
We offer immediate and affordable assistance, 24 hrs a day, to anybody residing within the Gold Coast, Logan and Scenic Rim areas. If you have encountered a snake on your property and urgently require a snake catcher, call Mitch now on 0423 866 017.
Our native wildlife including reptiles play essential roles within natural ecosystems and are fully protected under the Nature Conservation Act 1992. At no stage do we support the unlawful harming or killing of any fauna species.
Need a reliable snake catcher?
Call Mitch on 0423 866 017
Cheapest snake catcher
on the Gold Coast.
24 hours a day – 7 days a week
Highly trained & professional
Friendly, reliable service
Found a snake at home? Follow these simple steps.
South East Queensland is home to a diversity of native reptiles, including 27 terrestrial snakes and many lizard and turtle species. Within this region however, we have a number of venomous snakes, some of which rank in the top 10 most venomous snakes on the globe. Here are some simple steps that you can take if you encounter a snake on your property.
- If the snake is in close proximity, stand still, and wait for the snake to move on. If the snake doesn’t move away by itself, try slowly backing away until you are at a safe distance. Do not make any sudden movements.
- Once you are well clear of the snake, be sure to contain any pets until the snake has either moved on or it has been relocated by a snake catcher.
- If you encounter a snake inside your home, close off the room, roll up a towel and place it at the foot of the door to prevent the snake from escaping.
- Never attempt to catch or kill a snake, as that is how people are most commonly bitten.
- Call South East Reptile Relocations on 0423 866 017. We’re available 24/7.
- Once the snake catcher is on his way, ensure you keep an eye on the snake as best you can, without intimidating the snake at all or endangering your safety. This will guarantee a greater chance that we will be able to locate the snake quickly upon arrival.
“Gold Coast’s most affordable snake catcher”
Fast, Reliable & Professional – Call 0423 866 017
How can I keep my yard snake free?
No matter where you live in South East Queensland, snakes will always be a potential hazard. You can minimise the likelihood of having a snake in your yard this season by removing any ground debris and anything which could potentially create the perfect snake shelter and habitat. Pet cages that are located outdoors will regularly attract rodents, which in turn will attract snakes. It’s wise to keep pet enclosures clean, up off the ground and with as thin a space between bars as possible.
Snake-proof fencing is available from Bunnings, and can be an effective means of keeping some terrestrial snakes from entering your premises if applied correctly, however there is no 100% guaranteed method of keeping your yard snake-free, as snakes are very capable of getting pretty much everywhere.
I’m often questioned over the effectiveness of ‘Snake Repellers’. Snake repellers are designed to work by sending out vibrations into the ground throughout the day/night which in turn, is supposed to keeps snake away.
Unfortunately, if your property provides a snake with its basic needs (food, water, shelter, warmth), vibrations won’t be enough to deter them.
For additional information on our native wildlife and wildlife authority/licensing information visit EHP (Environment & Heritage Protection). To report an injured animal in QLD (Including snakes & other reptiles) contact RSPCA Queensland on 1300 264 625 or otherwise, Wildcare Australia at 07 5527 2444